The Simple Joy of Gratitude
As I sit here, sipping on my hot cocoa and watching December unfold its magic, I can’t help but get a bit reflective. The year’s almost done, and what a rollercoaster it’s been! Amidst the highs, the lows, and those in-between moments, there’s one thing that’s been my steady companion: gratitude.
Why Gratitude Feels Like a Hug for the Soul
You know that feeling when you find an unexpected tenner in your pocket? That’s gratitude for me. It’s not about grand gestures or monumental moments. It’s about cherishing the small wins, the warm smiles, the surprise calls from old friends, and yes, even the lessons from those not-so-great days.
The Little Things That Made My Year
- Morning Laughs: Those silly jokes shared over morning coffee.
- Supportive Shoulders: Friends who were there, even when they didn’t have to be.
- Unexpected Kindness: The stranger who held the door, the peer who sent a “just checking in” message.
Making Gratitude a December Tradition
As the year wraps up, I’m making it a point to:
- Stroll Down Memory Lane: Remembering those moments that made me smile, cry, or grow.
- Spread the Love: Sending out thank-you notes, texts, or even just sharing a memory with someone special.
- Start a Little Gratitude Jar: A place to drop in notes of things I’m thankful for, ready to be revisited next December.
A Heart-to-Heart from Me to You
Being a coach has given me a front-row seat to the power of gratitude. It’s like watching a black and white movie burst into color. As this year ends, I just want to say: Thank you. For being a part of my journey, for sharing your stories, and for teaching me the true meaning of gratitude.
So, as we gear up for the holidays and a brand-new year, let’s make a little pact. Let’s find joy in the every day, let’s cherish the memories, and most importantly, let’s be grateful for the journey. Who’s with me?